Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area Child Care Services is committed to providing you the best service possible during this public health situation. As of Monday, March 23, 2020, we will be available to serve via phone, the For Child Care Portal or email only. We know you may have questions regarding your child care services and other workforce services or resources that are available. We will keep you updated through your For Child Care Account.
Please know we are here to provide support to you during this time. You can reach out to us 24/7 via your For Child Care Account, email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 512-260-1937 ext. 4025 or fax 855-584-7332. We ask if leaving a voicemail, to leave a phone number and email address we can respond to. We will respond as quickly as possible.
- Absences/Non-Record of Attendance: effective March 1, 2020 absences and non-record of attendance will not count toward children’s 40 day absence count, until further notice. You will be notified when absences/non-record of attendance counts resume. You do not have to worry about keeping your children home or not being able to use the CCAA POS Machine during this time.
- Parent Fees: At this time, if your income has been affected by this public health situation or another extenuating circumstance and paying your April parent fee would be a hardship, please submit a request for a Parent Fee Reduction, stating the reason of the hardship, how much you could pay and provide any supporting documentation available.
- Redetermination: If you have an upcoming Redetermination please turn in your documentation now. If you have trouble obtaining all documentation requested, please submit a note along with what you have stating what is missing and the reason you are unable to submit. We understand this is a stressful time and will do our best to work with you to help you provide the documentation/information required to determine eligibility.
- If you are experiencing a loss of employment/income: WSRCA can assist you in finding new work or training for a higher-skilled role in related industries. WSRCA provides an array of services and programs that are designed with career development at every stage of your workforce journey, including up-skilling opportunities with local training providers. WSRCA can also provide information on unemployment benefits from the TWC. To learn more, call toll free at 1-844-344-2780. As Rural Capital Area Employers are contact WSRCA with immediate job openings throughout our region, we are posting them by county, to our Jobs Now! tool, to connect you to opportunities.
- Return from Activity Interruptions: Those currently on an Activity Interruption and coming up on your last day of care, please submit documentation showing you have resumed education, work or training. Please reach out to Workforce Solutions Rapid Response Team just mentioned for assistance in finding work.
- Voluntary Withdraw of Services: If you have made the decision you will not return your children to services even after this public health situation, please advise us of the children that you wish to discontinue and their last date of care.
- Essential Workers: if your employer has determined they will remain staffed and you need to continue working to help through this public health scenario, please contact us if you need help locating a provider that is open and accepting new children.
The following links provide information on helping your child through this difficult time:
- Fred Rogers - "Always Look for the Helpers" Video: click here.
- COVID-19 activity book - a great way to talk to children about the virus and encourage them to talk about their feelings: click here.
- Austin PBS has a list of resources to support caregivers in talking with their kids about COVID-19: click here.
- Child Care Services information: click here.
- Online application for Texas Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and other various sources of assistance programs and access to health care coverage: click here.
- 2-1-1 Texas can assist you in accessing basic needs: click here or dial 2-1-1, or 1-877-541-7905.
- The School Meal Finder Map: click here.