Funding Opportunity for Youth Career Exploration Events
Nov 02, 2022
Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area (WSRCA) through the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) JOBS Y’ALL Initiative has funds to support a variety of youth awareness and career exploration events.
Career Exploration events for middle, high school and post-secondary students that provides career exploration opportunities, pathways to in demand careers, networking, internships, and other applied learning opportunities. The events should invite employers to participate in a relevant way to help students explore career opportunities in their industries. Parents should be invited to participate and learn about career options for their students.
- Funding purpose
- To support hosting the career events such as facility fees, table rentals, AV equipment rental, wireless access, presenter fees, advertising for event, supplies and materials, printing fees, and student transportation.
- Cannot support reimbursement of staff time for planning, promotional items, or “giveaways”.
- Funding amount
- Requested amount must support the funding purpose.
- Invoice with receipts for reimbursement are required.
- Award amounts will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Only one application per ISD/Chamber area.
- Selections will be awarded as they are received and approved.
- Applicants selected for funding will be notified via email.
How to Apply
Complete and submit the application: https://bit.ly/wsrcayouthcareerevents
Who Is Eligible?
Independent School Districts, Chambers of Commerce, or Economic Development Corporations are eligible to apply for funds.
For assistance in planning a Youth Career Event visit https://jobsyall.com/