Local Apprenticeship Opportunities:
R&D Molders: https://www.lomont.com/
Saleen Performance, Inc: https://apply.saleenperformance.com/
COPPERA Commercial Plumbing & S&D Home Plumbing
For more information, please visit: https://craftsmancenter.org/
CNC Mill or Lathe Operator – Apprenticeship: https://www.glemco.com/about/employment-opportunities-at-glemco/
What is an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship is an industry-driven, high-quality career pathway where employers can develop and prepare their future workforce, and individuals can obtain paid work experience, classroom instruction, and a portable, nationally-recognized credential.
Apprenticeship is an “earn and learn” model that provides workers with income while they learn on the job.
- Industry Led – Programs are industry-vetted and approved to ensure alignment with industry standards and that apprentices are trained for highly-skilled, high-demand occupations.
- Paid Job – Registered Apprenticeships are jobs! Apprentices earn progressive wage increases as their skills and productivity increase.
- Structured On-the-Job Learning/Mentorship – Programs provide structured on-the-job training to prepare for a successful career, which includes instruction from an experienced mentor.
- Supplemental Education – Apprentices are provided supplemental classroom education based on the employer's unique training needs to ensure quality and success.
- Diversity – Programs are designed to reflect the communities in which they operate through strong non-discrimination, anti-harassment, and recruitment practices to ensure access, equity, and inclusion.
- Quality & Safety – Apprentices are afforded worker protections while receiving rigorous training to equip them with the skills they need to succeed and the proper training and supervision they need to be safe.
- Credentials – Apprentices earn a portable, nationally-recognized credential within their industry.
What is a Registered Apprenticeship?
Registered Apprenticeship is the term used for apprenticeship programs that have a formal structure in which employers have established learning standards that meet national and state quality expectations. When individuals successfully complete a Registered Apprenticeship program, they receive a national credential that is recognized anywhere in the industry.
What is Pre-Apprenticeship?
A pre-apprenticeship is a program or set of services designed to prepare individuals to enter and succeed in a Registered Apprenticeship program. A pre-apprenticeship program, by definition, has a documented partnership with at least one Registered Apprenticeship program. Quality pre-apprenticeship programs are a starting point toward a successful career path for under-represented job seekers (such as disadvantaged women and men, individuals with disabilities and others) who may not be aware of this approach to obtain good jobs with opportunities for advancement. Pre-apprenticeships help individuals meet the entry requirements for apprenticeship programs and ensure they are prepared to be successful in their apprenticeship.
Why Become an Apprentice?
Through an apprenticeship program, you can obtain paid, relevant workplace experience while acquiring the skills and credentials that employer’s value. 93% of apprentices who complete an apprenticeship retain employment, with an average annual salary of $77,000.
Apprentices on the Benefits of Apprenticeship
Programs Offered in Multiple Industries
Apprenticeship is a flexible training model that can be customized to meet the needs of businesses across multiple industries.
Some industries with apprenticeship programs include (but are not limited to):
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Care Economy (including Social Services and Education)
- Financial Services
- Information Technology
- Public Service
- NOV Wellbore Technologies Manufacturing: Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Operator – Apprentice. The Apprentice must be enrolled in Austin Community College (ACC) 5-month Machinist program that is sponsored by Workforce Solutions Capital Area. Program starts January 2024.
Plumbing and Pipefitters
- Austin Community College: https://apprenticeships.austincc.edu/
- St David's Health Science Camp: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfOEI6ntEvzuQQIchTVUC66COehWk0zibrdjEpUa0bvN2NG0Q/viewform
- Seton Medical Assistant Apprenticeship: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/95932046a4fd4e728ce71a908ae1f6ea
- Volunteer Opportunities in Austin: https://volunteeratx.com/volunteer-healthcare-austin-tx/
- Top 10 Best Volunteer Opportunities in Austin https://willpeachmd.com/hospital-volunteer-austin
- Ascension Seton https://ascensiontexasfoundations.org/volunteer/
- Baylor Scott & White https://www.bswhealth.com/locations/round-rock-hospital/become-a-volunteer
- St. David's Healthcare https://stdavids.com/about/volunteering/
Interested in exploring Apprenticeships to enhance your operations? Contact us at Apprenticeships@ruralcapital.net