We're Supporting National Apprenticeship Week
Your Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area team is proud to help celebrate National Apprenticeship Week (NAW) throughout our region.
NAW is a nationwide celebration to showcase the opportunities that apprenticeships offer for Americans to develop workplace experience and skills that employers value.
The fifth annual NAW will take place November 11-17, 2019, at hundreds of events across the country, including right here in our nine-county area.
These events give leaders in business, labor, education and other critical industries the opportunity to showcase their apprenticeship programs, apprentices, and facilities to career seekers in their local communities.
NAW also highlights the benefits of preparing a highly-skilled workforce to meet the talent needs of job creators across diverse industries.
Check back for more information on our local NAW events.
- More than 150,000 employers and labor-management organizations benefit from apprenticeships
- 94% of apprentices retain employment after completing an apprenticeship program
- The average starting wage after completing an apprenticeship program is $70,000
- Workers who complete apprenticeship programs earn $300,000 more over a career than their peers who don’t
- Apprentices earn while they learn, reducing the potential to take on debt
For more information about NAW, visit apprenticeship.gov/NAW.